Thursday, May 26, 2005

Math Camp

My daughter, a dedicated and hardworking student, (truly, she is) needs some help in math. Fortunately our local university has a really awesome math camp for middle school kids who struggle and otherwise hate math. I have decided that this evening camp is just the ticket for my math phobic child. I had enough good sense not to ask her if she was interested - I just signed her up and presented her with the good news. "You did what!" she shrieked. "You didn't even ask if I was interested!" Fill in the rest with your best 13 year old indignant voice and you will have a good idea of my evening. As I was trying hard not to let her see me giggle at her reaction she gave me her best line... "Math is for school, NOT for summer!" I refrained from telling her that that was EXACTLY the attitude that had landed her in math camp in the first place. It's nice to know there's some comic relief in parenting teenagers.