Wednesday, May 25, 2005

School Days or Daze

School is out on Friday. That means I can attend a bunch of meetings, pack up and move my classroom, clean the remains and go to the restroom whenever I need to (without resorting to threats or promises beforehand). I find the end of the year to be bittersweet. I hate to let my students go, but I'm so tired at the end of the year I can hardly get up in the morning. I know that many people think that teachers get the summer off - not true. We generally have to take a number of workshops to maintain our teaching certification, begin making lesson plans for the next year and catch up on housework. I will spend at least one day a week at school for the entire summer - and I won't be paid for any of this extra time. As you can tell from this post, I become sarcastic and negative when I'm tired. I'll try and get something more upbeat later in the week. (FRIDAY!)