Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Vacation

As you can see from my pictures this week, I just got back from Washington, D.C. I used the excuse of the National Board for Prof. Teaching Standards Conference to go - and then invited my sister to meet me there and packed the kids in the car. We stayed with my cousin Will for the first 2 days. He has a most awesome townhome and was very gracious about letting us invade his space. The kids were such troopers - we had temperatures in the 90s and high humidity, but we drank lots of water and looked for shade as often as possible. Since the kids had never been to DC we did the regulation tour - the mall, Air and Space and the Zoo. We also visited the American History Museum so I could see the First Ladies Exhibit - that's my favorite. The new baby panda is an estimated 6 oz. (born in June) and daddy panda came outside to have a popsicle and ignore the crowds. The conference was interesting, I'm still processing all the new information. Look for vacation pictures for the rest of the week. It's too hot to go out and shoot anything new.