Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Updates on June

I've had a request for an update on the camping trip. First - the batteries on my camera died as soon as I got there and I forgot to pack my backups. Second, it rained all afternoon on Saturday. It was, however, beautiful. The kids were wet in the rain and on Sunday they were wet in the swimming hole. My son was in 13 year old heaven because he was the only boy of the group. (Look at me, look at me!) I have definitely raised campers. I still think that the Holiday Inn Express is enough roughing it for me. I was reading about camping in Norway. You hike from hut to (hot dinner and soft bed) hut. That's more like it!

Math camp was another success. Many kudos to cool Adam, tattooed math genius, who was my daughter's camp counselor. I quote, "He rocks, Mom." Math phobic daughter got the most improved award for the week and is planning to attend next year. She has also requested that cool Adam, pierced math genius, be contacted for tutoring during the school year. We'll see...