Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Dancin!

I am finally getting the hang of parenting at a dance convention. I take a good book.

I love dancing. I love to watch dancing, I love to go dancing and I am well aware that I am not a dancer. My children are good dancers. My son is a very good dancer. They do not want me to dance. I am not allowed to even bob my head to the beat. The dance convention my son attended this weekend offered me a glorious opportunity. They offered a 45 minute parents' hip hop class. We parents hipped and hopped and sweated and laughed to the latest steps and music with a real hip hop choreographer who then convinced us to get on stage in front of our children and embarrass (not ourselves) but our KIDS! It was so much fun. I was so sore the next day.

I took some pictures of downtown Greenville. Christ Church Cathedral had a really interesting graveyard. (The stained glass was incredible, but I didn't shoot any pictures inside the church.) The Greenville Falls was the site of a St. Patricks Day festival. For more dance parent notes see Blue Ridge Blog.